State Land Department Recreation Permits

Welcome to the recreation page of the Arizona State Land Department website!

Please feel free to browse this section using the navigation bar, for information on Recreation Permits, Terms & Conditions, Places to Go, Latest News, and Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ). Also, you may want to familiarize yourself with the different type of recreation permits issued by the Department & obtain applications by selecting the links below. We hope that you find this page useful and will refer back to it again in the future for news & updates.

Things You Need to Know About Recreation on Arizona Trust Land

Arizona Trust Land is land managed by the State Land Department
Trust Land is not public land!
A recreation permit is required to camp, hike or travel on Trust Land that is designated as open for recreation
A recreation permit is an agreement between you (the responsible casual user) and the Department, to allow limited recreational activities conditional on your continued responsible behavior (see terms and conditions)

Types of Recreational Permits/ Terms/ Fees

For more information about the types of permits click the text links below or select What Type of Permit do I need?


Individual Permits      1 Year $15.00
Family Permits 1 Year $20.00
Non-Competitive/ Non-Commercial Group Permit * Less than 20 people Less than 5 Days $15.00
Event Special Land Use Permit ** 2 / 5 Years Fee Schedule


PLEASE NOTE:  The Department accepts only checks, money orders or cash (maximum cash amount accepted is $50 with no denomination larger than $20); credit cards are not accepted.  On-line permits are not available at this time.  We do our best to provide customers with a quick turn around by mail.  Thank you for your interest.

* Groups of fewer than 20 people may be permitted by a Non-competitive/Non-commercial Group Permit.  A complete roster of all permitted individuals and dates of use must be submitted with the application.
** The Special Land Use Permit is required for all competitive and commercial recreation. The application processing fee is $300 in addition to the annual fee which may be adjusted for acreage and impact. A pre-application meeting is required during which a SLUP application will be provided. For more information contact 602 542-2119.